A short while ago we wrote an article about a viral status update being circulated by Facebook administrators. Studies show that page posts typically reach a small amount of their total followers.
This is due to the EdgeRank algorithm. We have covered this several times in the past. Facebook uses EdgeRank to determine what populates a user’s Newsfeed. Just liking a page doesn’t guarantee that it will show up in your feed – selecting the ‘Show in Newsfeed’ option doesn’t bypass EdgeRank either. Liking, commenting and sharing on a page’s content gives it a higher ranking in your EdgeRank and makes it more likely that you’ll see it.
If you want to make sure you receive all updates from your favorite pages, then there are a couple of things you can do:
- Add the page to your ‘See First’ list – Navigate to the page and hover over the ‘Like’ button, then select the ‘See First’ option.
- Add the page to an Interest List. Click here to subscribe to a Facebook Samwatch Interest list we started. You can create your own by clicking on the ‘Interests’ link located at the bottom of the left column of Facebook page.
- Opt in to receive notifications from the Facebook page.
- Select the ‘Show in News Feed’ option located on the ‘Liked’ button of the page in question. This does NOT guarantee that the page will show in your fee, but it can’t hurt either.
- Click the Pages Feed located in the left column under ‘Pages.’ (this will show you all recent updates from pages you have liked)
Page notifications are a new feature Facebook introduced earlier this month, and it may not be available for all pages just yet. Any time a page you follow issues a status update, then you’ll receive a Facebook notification. Granted this could get a little annoying and might be a little much to do for every page you follow, but this is a great way to make sure you don’t miss important posts from your favorite pages.
BitDefender Traffic Light is a free cross-browser add-on that intercepts, processes and filters all Web traffic, blocking any malicious content and taking browser security to new levels.
Blur is the first all-in-one solution that protects your passwords, payments, and privacy. It gives power back to people making it simple to choose what amount of their personal information they are OK providing to any website: no matter a) what they are doing- surfing, creating a new account, or shopping, or b) what device they are using – mobile phone, browser or tablet.