ZoneAlarm posted a very informative infographic last week highlighting the popularity and reach of Facebook around the globe. Anytime you attract a crowd of this enormity online, you’ll also be a beacon to hackers, scammers, spammers and other undesirable elements.
Here are a few fun facts just to give you an idea of just how big Facebook actually is:
- 800 million users log 700 billion minutes per month on the social network
- 80% of Facebook’s user base is outside of the U.S.
- Facebook’s population is three times that of the U.S.
Now for some not so fun facts:
- 4 million users experience spam on any given day
- 20 percent of users have been exposed to malware
- 600,000 attempts are made to hijack user accounts each day
Check out the rest of the infographic for some tips on how you can better protect yourself from becoming a Facebook casualty! Also visit our Safety Center, which has several guides to help you implement their suggestions.