We read an article recently about a young lady that had her Facebook and other accounts hacked. Not only were the scammers on a mission to discover as much sensitive and valuable information as possible, but they left a wake of destruction in the process. They deleted her address book, email messages and items on her Facebook page.
When it comes to Facebook, they implemented a handy tool late last year that enables a user to download the following profile information into a handy zip file:
- Your profile information (e.g., your contact information, interests, groups)
- Wall posts and content that you and your friends have posted to your profile
- Photos and videos that you have uploaded to your account
- Your friend list
- Notes you have created
- Events to which you have RSVP’d
- Your sent and received messages
- Any comments that you and your friends have made on your Wall posts, photos, and other profile content
To being this process, Go to the top right hand corner of your Facebook page and click “Account,” then select “Account Settings.”
Now go to the very bottom of the page and locate, “Download a copy of your Facebook data.” Click” on the link.
This is the primary screen where you can learn more and begin the download process.
Click the Download button, and there you have it. It does take a while for Facebook to gather all of your information, so don’t be concerned if it takes a while.
Bitdefender 2019 solutions stop attacks before they even begin. Try 90 days free of Bitdefender Total Security 2019
Private Internet Access is an award-winning, cost-effective VPN solution. The use of an anonymous and trusted VPN is essential to your online privacy, security and identity protection.